Our congregation believes the voices and laughter of children to be among God’s sweetest music.
Opportunities for young people:
- Weekly Children’s Sermons
- Easter Egg Hunts (At Salem)
- Vacation Bible School (New)
- Halloween Trunk or Treat (New)
- Kid’s Christmas Play (At Salem)
- Facilities now ready for Sunday School and Nursery Programs
We have sensed a growing disconnect between young people and older non-related adults that did not seem to exist several generations ago. We believe that people of all ages should interact to prevent gap between the adults and the youth in many churches.
False gods still attract. These things (or the desires for them) can leave a young person feeling as though they live in a world struck by famine. Our adults are asked to pray daily for young people, their school work, their friendships, their families, for strengthening their faith, for courage, and for growing awareness of God’s will, wisdom and empowerment.
“Train children in the right way, and when old, they will not stray.” — Proverbs 29:6 NRSV